Terms & Conditions
By booking a rehearsal at Bell Studios you are entering into a contract by which you are agreeing unconditionally on behalf of the user to abide by the studio terms and conditions as detailed below.
Bell Studios - the affiliate name given to the holding company that is Bell Percussion Ltd 02139373 registered in the UK
User - the term given to an individual, band, ensemble, orchestra or any other party using the rooms as designed
Booking - the term given to the act of placing an order for a space within Bell Studios on a specific date and time
Rehearsal - the term given to the period of time used in accordance with the facilities offered at Bell Studios
Session - the term given to the period of time used in accordance with the facilities offered at Bell Studios
1) Booking a rehearsal - booking, times and dates are subject to availability and approval from a member of the Bell Studios team. Bell Studios reserve the right to refuse and reschedule in circumstances beyond their control.
2) Booking method - bookings can be made by the following methods only and are not valid until confirmed • Online booking form • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • Text 07973 424991.
3) Payment - payment can be made by either cash or bank credit or debit card. Bell Studios do not accept AMEX. It is the responsibility of the user to pay in full the cost of each session prior to the day of rehearsal. Account users must pay any outstanding balance in full within the terms outlined on the invoice. Bell Studios reserve the right to take any reasonable step to recover any outstanding debt.
4) Cancellations or amendments – the period of 48 hours notice is required for the cancellation of a rehearsal without charge; this includes weekends and bank holidays. If a rehearsal is cancelled with less than 48 hours notice, a 50% charge on the full cost of the session will be payable. Cancellations on bookings in our Red room with less than 48 hours notice will be charged at full cost.
5) Rehearsal times - each studio must be vacated by the end of the allotted time agreed and returned in the same condition as that offered by Bell Studios at the commencement of the session. The management reserve the right to charge for any additional time used over that agreed at the outset or if the space is left in a condition deemed unacceptable and by the management or not in the same condition as offered prior to the session.
6) Damage, breakages and loss to studio infrastructure and/or equipment - any damage, however caused to the studio infrastructure or equipment through misuse or abuse will be charged at cost to the user. The management reserve the right to use all legal remedies to recover all damage, breakages and loss. It is the responsibility of the user to report any item of equipment either missing or damaged to a member of staff immediately and prior to the start of the rehearsal period. No equipment may be removed from any room without the consent of the management. Any user found interfering with fire extinguishers, safety equipment, electrical equipment or any other studio fitting will be removed from the premises, barred and charged for any damaged caused. Studio users may be required to provide a copy of their personal identification prior to any rehearsal.
7) CCTV – each studio and all public spaces are covered by 24 hour CCTV.
8) Additional Instrument Hire – additional instruments and equipment may be hired from the hire department subject to availability. Payment and breakages terms and conditions apply.
9) Personal items/lost property - personal items should not be left unattended and all belongings kept with the owner when not present in the studio. Bell Studios are not responsible for any items of loss or damage whilst on the premises. Signage is in place to remind each user of this point.
10) Smoking – it is an offence to smoke in a commercial property and therefore within any part of Bell Studios. Each studio has a smoke alarm which will be activated by the detection of smoke. An ashtray is provided outside of each building for the appropriate disposal of each cigarette or cigar, which will be emptied regularly. The management would be grateful if consideration could be given when smoking outside the entrance to those that do not participate in this past time.
11) Security – when leaving and entering the complex, please remember that the main door must be kept shut at all times.
12) Illegal substances – Bell Studios operates a zero tolerance policy on illegal substances. If it is suspected that any illegal substances are present on the premises, the user and their party will be removed and the police informed.
13) Food/Drink - only bottled water is allowed into the studio spaces and whilst you are permitted to bring your own food and drink into Bell Studios, this must only be consumed in the lounge area of each building.
14) Tidiness – each studio will be offered to the user in a clean and tidy manner. Please place any rubbish generated in the bins provided.
15) Personal equipment – Bell Studios cannot and will not be held responsible for the use, whether appropriate or inappropriate by the user, of any equipment used within the studios. The user understands that should they wish to use any electronic device within the studios in combination with the existing building fabric or equipment infrastructure resident within the studios, that they do this at their own risk.
16) Earplugs - Bell Studios encourage the use of earplugs in the studio environment. Please ensure that used disposable ear plugs are properly disposed of in the bins provided and not left discarded in the rehearsal rooms.
17) Force Majeure – Bell Studios endeavours to provide a high quality rehearsal facility at all times. In the unlikely event that either a specific studio, public space or the studios in their entirety become unusable due to unforeseen circumstances or events beyond their control, Bell Studios will not be liable for any physical or economic loss incurred by such an eventuality.
18) From time to time Bell Studios may be asked to provide additional third party services on behalf of the user. Such a request will always be accepted as an act of goodwill and Bell Studios will not be liable for the service quality level in any form by the third party contractor. Bell Studios will not be liable or accept any material or financial claim arising from sub contracted third party activities.
19) Block booking credit is valid for 6 months and cannot be refunded.
Bell is now a fully equipped rehearsal studio featuring 8 practice rooms ideal for teaching, rehearsal, production and showcasing.
All of our rooms are acoustically designed and treated. They are clean, climate controlled with fresh air filtration, natural day light and ready for all your rehearsal needs. Extra instruments can be hired for your rehearsal from our expansive fleet at a fraction of their regular hire cost.
We offer a variety of different sized rooms from 2m x 2m to our largest space 11m x 8m with some of the most affordable rates in town. Rates begin from as little as £6.00 per hour for solo rehearsal/teaching rooms.